Tony Harrison takes on Jermell Charlo in tonight’s main event rematch on FOX.
Tonight in the final PBC on FOX main event of 2019, Tony Harrison and Jermell Charlo renew hostilities one year after a controversial fight on the same network, with Harrison defending the WBC junior middleweight title he took in their first meeting.
Prelims begin at 6 pm ET on FS1, with the main card starting at 8 pm ET on FOX. Wil Esco will be here with round by round updates for the main card.
Harrison, 29, took that 154-pound belt on Dec. 22, 2018, winning a stunning and criticized decision over Charlo, also 29. The two were supposed to rematch on June 23 in Las Vegas, but Harrison pulled out with an injury, which Charlo believes was faked. Harrison hasn’t fought since last year’s win, and Charlo beat Jorge Cota on that June 23 date instead.
The co-feature will see heavyweight prospect Efe Ajagba take on Iago Kiladze, while lightweight prospect Karlos Balderas opens the show against Rene Tellez Giron.
The prelims on FS1 will feature Hugo Centeno Jr vs Juan Macias Montiel in the middleweight feature attraction, while featherweight contender Jhack Tepora takes on veteran Oscar Escandon.
Prelims (FS1, 6:00 pm ET)
- Hugo Centeno Jr (27-3, 14 KO) vs Juan Macias Montiel (21-4-1, 21 KO), middleweights, 10 rounds
- Jhack Tepora (23-0, 17 KO) vs Oscar Escandon (25-5, 17 KO), featherweights, 10 rounds
- Raymond Guajardo (4-0, 3 KO) vs Donnis Reed (3-4, 2 KO), middleweights, 4 rounds
Main Card (FOX, 8:00 pm ET)
- Tony Harrison (28-2, 21 KO) vs Jermell Charlo (32-1, 16 KO), junior middleweights, 12 rounds
- Efe Ajagba (11-0, 9 KO) vs Iago Kiladze (26-4-1, 18 KO), heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Karlos Balderas (9-0, 8 KO) vs Rene Tellez Giron (13-1, 7 KO), lightweights, 8 rounds