Streaming live today from Dubai at Noon ET on ESPN+, MTK Global are back with a solid lightweight main event and a much-anticipated pro debut.
In the main event, unbeaten Viktor Kotochigov of Kazakhstan takes on battle-tested Maxi Hughes, who will be looking for a second straight upset win after knocking off Jono Carroll on Aug. 12.
Hughes, 30, is a former two-time British title challenger at 130, and the win over Carroll was the biggest of his career to date. He’s a scrapper who should give the 27-year-old Kotochigov a good test as a decent step up in competition for the prospect.
We’ll also see the pro debut of 27-year-old Armenian Hovhannes Bachkov, a junior welterweight who competed at the 2016 Olympics, won bronze at the 2017 and 2019 World Championships, and gold at the 2017 European Championships and 2019 European Games. He’s coming right in for an eight-round fight against Venezuelan veteran Samuel Gonzalez.
There will be at least three more fights on the card, so think of this as an appetizer for tonight’s Navarrete-Villa show, and join us for some afternoon boxing!
Full Card (ESPN+, Noon ET)
- Viktor Kotochigov (12-0, 5 KO) vs Maxi Hughes (21-5-2, 4 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds
- Hovhannes Bachkov (debut) vs Samuel Gonzalez (22-6, 13 KO), junior welterweights, 8 rounds
- Blane Hyland (3-0, 0 KO) vs Mohamed Salah Abdelghany (3-2, 0 KO), junior bantamweights, 6 rounds
- Faizan Anwar (4-0, 4 KO) vs JR Mendoza (11-19, 5 KO), junior middleweights, 6 rounds
- Swing Bout: Lambert Fogoum (7-1-1, 6 KO) vs Austine Nnamdi (0-1, 0 KO), cruiserweights, 6 rounds