The lines have stayed about the same all week.
On Monday, Canelo Alvarez was favored around -400 to -450 to beat Daniel Jacobs on Saturday. On Friday, it was Canelo from -400 to -500.
And today, fight morning in Las Vegas for Alvarez and Jacobs, it’s about the same, with the expected lack of major movement.
Canelo (51-1-2, 35 KO) is still favored, now listed on various books between -430 and -530, with Jacobs (35-2, 29 KO) the underdog at +300 to +405. The weigh-in drama on Friday may have helped generate late interest in the fight itself — and maybe convinced a few more folks to sign up for DAZN — but didn’t do anything here.
Here’s a quick look at some of the other fights on the Canelo vs Jacobs card:
- Vergil Ortiz Jr (-2000 to -3333) vs Mauricio Herrera (+900 to +1427)
- Joseph Diaz Jr (-2745 to -3333) vs Freddy Fonseca (+1200 to +1555)
- Lamont Roach Jr (-437 to -714) vs Jonathan Oquendo (+360 to +450)
- Sadam Ali (-1040 to -8000) vs Anthony Young (+657 to +2000)
- John Ryder (-162 to -222) vs Bilal Akkawy (+140 to +158)
- Aram Avagyan (-142 to -200) vs Francisco Esparza (+125 to +150)
That Ryder-Akkawy fight really might wind up being the best on the card, so make sure you tune in to DAZN at 7:30 pm ET. We’ll have live coverage tonight starting at 6:00 pm ET with the early prelims on RingTV.com before the DAZN broadcast begins, with round-by-round updates for the main card, also on DAZN, starting at 9:00 pm ET.
There’s also the ESPN card on Saturday from Stockton, California, with a pair of world title matchups. Quick look at those fights:
- Artur Beterbiev (-570 to -1484) vs Radivoje Kalajdzic (+425 to +747)
- Jerwin Ancajas (-724 to -1667) vs Ryuichi Funai (+450 to +925)
As noted yesterday, the odds for Beterbiev-Kalajdzic have changed a fair amount since Monday, when Beterbiev was between -1300 and -3333, and Kalajdzic between +700 and +1200.
That card starts at 6:30 pm ET on ESPN+ for prelims, and continues at 10:00 pm ET on ESPN for the main card. We’ll have live updates but not full, dedicated coverage.