Regis Prograis takes on Kiryl Relikh and Nonito Donaire faces Stephon Young tonight on DAZN and Sky Sports.
Tonight at 8 pm ET streaming live on DAZN in the United States and airing on Sky Sports Main Event in the United Kingdom, the World Boxing Super Series resumes with semifinal tournament action from Lafayette, Louisiana.
Wil Esco will be on the round-by-round call for the main card portion of the show.
In the night’s main event, Regis Prograis takes on Kiryl Relikh for Relikh’s WBA junior welterweight title, as well as a spot in the 140-pound tournament final to face the winner of the May 18 fight between Josh Taylor and Ivan Baranchyk.
The co-feature will see Nonito Donaire defend his WBA bantamweight title against Stephon Young, a late replacement for injured Zolani Tete. It’s the chance of a lifetime for young, but the odds are seriously against him. The victor here gets a spot in the bantamweight final, meeting the winner of the May 18 fight between Emmanuel Rodriguez and Naoya Inoue.
- Regis Prograis (23-0, 19 KO) vs Kiryl Relikh (23-2, 19 KO), junior welterweights, 12 rounds
- Nonito Donaire (39-5, 25 KO) vs Stephon Young (18-1-3, 7 KO), bantamweights, 12 rounds
- Selina Barrios (5-0, 2 KO) vs Melissa Hernandez (22-7-3, 7 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
- Mason Menard (34-4, 24 KO) vs David Paz (4-7-1, 0 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
- Jeremy Hill (6-0, 3 KO) vs Kaylyn Alfred (3-1-1, 0 KO), welterweights, 4 rounds
- Jonathan Montrel (2-0, 0 KO) vs Ivan Reyes (0-1, 0 KO), junior welterweights, 4 rounds
- Sean Hemphill (2-0, 2 KO) vs Dennis Williams (4-11-1, 2 KO), junior welterweights, 4 rounds
If you’re saying to yourself, “Boy, that is one awful undercard,” well, yes it is. This whole card has had problems beyond just the Tete injury, including what was a decent fight between Sonny Fredrickson and Bakhtiyar Eyubov being canceled on Friday when Eyubov didn’t make weight.