Photo by Jack Thomas/Getty Images
At least on the official purse sheet, Devin Haney is the highest-paid main tonight in Los Angeles.
Boxing purses have gotten pretty wild in 2019, thanks in large part to huge money coming in from various content platforms and promoters looking to secure top-level talent to exclusive deals, but Saturday night’s DAZN card is pretty cheap by today’s standards.
No $35 million men. No $10 million B-sides. In fact, by the official purses, only one fighter on the card is set to make seven figures, and it’s not KSI or Logan Paul, the headliners, but Devin Haney.
KSI and Paul are listed at $900,000; both will almost certainly leave with more than that, but those are the purses. Haney is set to make $1,000,000 for his lightweight title defense against Alfredo Santiago, while Billy Joe Saunders is at $750,000 for a super middleweight title defense against Marcelo Esteban Coceres.
Combined, KSI, Paul, Haney, and Saunders have purses totaling $3.55 million. As for the rest of the card, the other 12 fighters total up to $285,000 on the purse report, with nobody over $90,000, which is Haney’s challenger Alfredo Santiago.
Here’s the purse rundown for the card via the California State Athletic Commission:
- KSI $900K vs Logan Paul $900K
- Devin Haney $1M vs Alfredo Santiago $90K
- Billy Joe Saunders $750K vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres $80K
- Josh Brueckner $12.5K vs Tyler Smith $2.5K
- Diego Pacheco $6.5K vs Aaron Casper $6K
- Nikita Ababiy $9K vs Jonathan Batista $6K
- Ronny Rios $50K vs Hugo Berrio $10K
- Reshat Mati $8K vs Cody Peterson $4.5K