Yves Ulysse Jr and Steve Claggett meet in a main event rematch.
- Anthony Reyes UD-4 Roberto Pucheta (40-36, 40-36, 40-36)
- Alexis Rocha UD-10 Shoki Sakai (97-93, 97-93, 99-91)
This evening at 7:45 pm ET, Bad Left Hook will be here with live coverage and discussion for the Golden Boy DAZN Thurrsday Night Fights card from Indio, California, headlined by a rematch at 140 pounds between Yves Ulysse Jr and Steve Claggett.
Despite the series name, this is not airing on DAZN. The show will go live at 7:45 pm with the prelim fights on RingTV.com, and then the main show goes live at 10:00 pm ET, which will air on RingTV as well as Golden Boy’s Facebook page and various regional sports networks on traditional TV (check your local listings).
Montreal’s Ulysse (17-1, 9 KO) is looking to avenge his lone pro loss in the main event, as Calgary’s Claggett (27-5-2, 17 KO) beat him by split decision in Oct. 2017 in Montreal. You might wonder why two Canadians are fighting in Indio, California, and to that I say, “Fair question.”
But anyway, there’s another rematch set for the co-feature, as bantamweights Oscar Negrete (18-1-1, 7 KO) and Joshua Franco (14-1-1, 7 KO) will square off again following their 10-round draw last October.
The card will also feature the return of flyweight Marlen Esparza (5-0, 1 KO), a 2012 Olympic bronze medalist. This will be her first fight in just over a year, as she takes on Ecuador’s Jhosep Vizcaino (9-8, 3 KO).
And don’t sleep on the prelims, either. Mike Reed will look to bounce back after two straight losses against vet Yardley Cruz, and 21-year-old welterweight prospect Alexis Rocha faces Shoki Sakai, the guy who pretty much ended Ashley Theophane’s attempt to do anything more in boxing than be a globetrotting club fighter by upsetting Theophane in 2017.
Here’s the main card lineup:
- Yves Ulysse Jr (17-1, 9 KO) vs Steve Claggett (27-5-2, 17 KO), rematch, junior welterweights, 10 rounds
- Oscar Negrete (18-1-1, 7 KO) vs Joshua Franco (14-1-1, 7 KO), rematch, bantamweights, 10 rounds
- Marlen Esparza (5-0, 1 KO) vs Jhosep Vizcaino (9-8, 3 KO), flyweights, 8 rounds
And here’s the prelim lineup:
- Anthony Reyes (5-0, 4 KO) vs Roberto Pucheta (10-15-1, 6 KO), super bantamweights, 4 rounds
- Alexis Rocha (12-0, 8 KO) vs Shoki Sakai (23-9-2, 13 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Mike Reed (23-2, 13 KO) vs Yardley Cruz (25-13, 15 KO), welterweights, 6 rounds
- Raul Curiel (5-0, 3 KO) vs Andrew Rodgers (4-6-1, 2 KO), welterweights, 6 rounds