Wolsfburg chief warns Mourinho over striker raid with Kane, Son message

Wolfsburg’s sporting director says Tottenham’s 5-2 display of attacking prowess is proof they should not pursue a move for Wout Weghorst.

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho has made clear his desire to bring in a new striker. While Harry Kane remains the constant goal threat, he is his side’s only out-and-out centre-forward.

Reports in recent months have touted several forwards from across Europe with a move to north London.

Wolfsburg hitman Weghorst is among them, with Monday’s Euro Paper Talk claiming talks were ready to progress between Spurs and the 28-year-old.

Speaking to Sport1, however, Marcel Schafer has insisted that Tottenham boss Mourinho needs to look within his squad for the solution to his problems up front.

“Wout Weghorst has been speculating in the media for weeks, months. Nobody has contacted us yet,” Schafer said.

“If you look at the last Tottenham game in the Premier League you can see that they have fewer problems on the attack.

son.heung .min2  - Wolsfburg chief warns Mourinho over striker raid with Kane, Son message

“Now they also signed Gareth Bale. There is more of a problem over who is allowed to play. They don’t need Wout.”

Spurs were magnificent going forward last Sunday, with Harry Kane and Son Heung-min putting on a show.

Son netted four of his side’s five goals, with Kane assisting him on each occasion and netting an effort of his own.

As Schafer has pointed out, Bale is yet to make his mark upon his return to Spurs. The 31-year-old Wales international has arrived back in England with injury.

Tottenham face Newcastle on Sunday looking to make it three wins on the bounce.

Tottenham confident of Swiss striker raid

Haris.Seferovic - Wolsfburg chief warns Mourinho over striker raid with Kane, Son message

Meanwhile, reports elsewhere claim that Spurs are confident of bringing in Haris Seferovic.

According to rumours from Portugal, Benfica is now Tottenham’s main centre of attention.

The north London club have previously targeted Seferovic’s club and international teammate Carlos Vinicius. However, they were put off by the player’s asking price.

Read more…

The post Wolsfburg chief warns Mourinho over striker raid with Kane, Son message appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *